Internation Women's Day Celebration
Date : 12 Apr, 2023
Supreme Court Women Lawyers Association (SCWLA) is an Association of Women Lawyers practicing in the Supreme Court and the Association came to be registered on 7th August, 2013.
The fundamental intention of the Association is to help the legally disadvantaged, downtrodden women and children in distress.
It also aims to help all the aggrieved women and children and be their voice.
Its Primary Goals are:-
- To work towards the Preservation of the Rule of Law and create awareness about the Principles enshrined in the Preamble of the Constitution.
- To uphold the Independence of the Judiciary and to ensure greater efficiency in the Administration of Justice.
- To foster the rights for the welfare of women and children, particularly via the channel of Legislation and help them better in knowing the exercise of their rights.
- To support, protect and uphold the status, interests, prestige, rights, privileges and dignity of the Women Lawyers.
- To promote understanding of Court Judgments amongst lay people unknown to the field of law.
- To further the dissemination of knowledge of laws of various countries relating to women and children.
- To study and express informed & non-partisan opinion upon all the Central and State Legislations and in particular, those concerning or affecting the rights, privileges and interests of the women and children.
- To strive making Justice accessible and inexpensive.